- Friday, April 20 – 5:00-11:00 pm. Fireworks show begins at 10:30 pm
- Saturday, April 21 – 12:00 – 11:00 pm
- Gates close at 10:30 pm
- Ticket sales end at 10:30 pm
- Entertainment ends at 10:30 pm
- Alcohol Beverage sales end at 10:30 pm
- Food and non-alcohol beverage sales end at 11:00 pm
- Coupon sales end at 10:30 pm
We appreciate the patience of our neighbors each year as we conduct the Oyster Bake. Because we are located in a residential area, parking is somewhat congested around the event. We offer limited on-campus parking for $15, but we encourage everyone to take the VIA Park and Ride bus shuttles to the Oyster Bake. VIA charges each rider a small fee and they operate the Park and Ride shuttles from various San Antonio locations.
As an incentive to take VIA to the Bake, patrons who use this service receive a coupon for one FREE bottle of soda or bottled water at the Fiesta Oyster Bake. The coupon may be redeemed at any of our soda booth locations. The coupon is not valid at the carnival area.
We highly encourage everyone to take the VIA Park and Ride located at Crossroads. Each passenger will be charged a small fee for a roundtrip ride and will receive a voucher for a free soda, water or Red Bull at the Oyster Bake. VIA Park and Ride will run on April 20 and April 21.
Hours of operation:
Friday, April 20
4:30 to 11:30 pm
Saturday, April 21
10:30 am to 11:30 pm
For more information visit www.viainfo.net.
The Oyster Bake is a family friendly event. We encourage families to attend the Friday because on that evening we offer entertainment geared towards families and a fireworks spectacular at the end of the night. On both days, kids and kids at heart can visit our carnival area known as Shuckie Street, named for our Oyster Bake mascot. We offer rides and games for children of all ages. Also, children, 12 years old and younger, receive FREE admission to Oyster Bake on both Friday and Saturday.
- Blankets, sheets, towels
- Basic point and shoot consumer-grade cameras. No professional cameras or video cameras are allowed
- Portable/collapsible chair
- Sunscreen lotion (no aerosol containers)
- Bug repellant (no aerosol containers)
- Only service animals that aid physically challenged patrons are allowed into the grounds.
- Professional recording equipment
- Professional video cameras
- Laser pointers
- Weapons or any kind
- Oyster knives
- Pets are not allowed on the grounds
- Illegal drugs
- Patrons wearing steel-toed boots will NOT be admitted
Please note that officers will confiscate these and other items if they are illegal, and will discard and not return any items.
- All Fiesta Oyster Bake patrons and their belongings are subject to search.
- No Video or Audio Taping Fiesta Oyster Bake entertainers allowed! Violators of this policy are subject to removal from the Fiesta Oyster Bake grounds.
- All entertainment is subject to change without notification.
- No Refunds on Admission Tickets and Food and Beverage Coupons.
- No Food or Beverages allowed into the Fiesta Oyster Bake grounds! Items are subject to confiscation.
- ADA approved ramps and port-a-johns are available on the Fiesta Oyster Bake grounds.
- Purchase admission tickets only at approved pre-sale locations or at the Fiesta Oyster Bake entrance gates – Fiesta Oyster Bake volunteer wristbands are NOT for sale.
- You may be photographed / videotaped and your picture or likeness may be used for Fiesta Oyster Bake publicity and promotions.
Your safety is our number one priority. The Oyster Bake works closely with local, state, and federal authorities to make sure you have a safe and enjoyable time. There will be uniformed and plain-clothed officers throughout the grounds. If you need assistance at any time please make sure to ask them for help.
For the safety of everyone entering the festival, all patrons are subject to a full and complete search prior to entry. Screening of children will always take place with the consent of a parent or guardian.
Many hours are spent developing and implementing our safety and security plan, which has been recognized as one of the best in the country for festivals and events.
REMEMBER: If you see something, say something.
We have multiple first aid stations located on the grounds with members of the San Antonio Fire Department, San Antonio Health Department, and trained paramedics with fully-equipped ambulances.
For the safety of everyone entering the festival, all patrons are subject to a full and complete search prior to entry.
All bags will be searched before entry. PRO-TIP: To speed up entry, leave your bags at home, and take advantage of our express, NO BAG ENTRY LANES. You will still be subject to a metal detector wand.
Please review the Allowed & Prohibited items list for a stress-free entry process.
By purchasing a ticket, you agree to submit to a full body pat-down and metal detector search before entry. Screening of children will always take place with the consent of a parent or guardian.
Persons that refuse to comply with the search policy will be refused entry into the event.
At any time during the entry process if you have questions, ask for assistance from security personnel located at the front gates.
When you leave any exit of the Oyster Bake you will not be permitted to re-enter. If you purchase a 2-day ticket, on Friday you will be given a 2-day admission wristband that must not be removed in order enter on Saturday.
ATMs are available near each entrance gate and throughout the grounds.
We will accept credit cards at gates and coupon booths. There will be a $20 minimum purchase for all credit card transactions.
Checks are not accepted.
Admission tickets and coupons are non-refundable.
All food and beverage items are purchased with coupons. Coupon sales end at 10:30 p.m. Coupons are available in $.50 increments.
YES! Oyster Bake will still go on rain or shine.
There will be no refunds. The Oyster Bake is rain or shine and all bands are subject to change.